5.19.2017

New Website is LIVE...


We are so very excited to announce our new website! I've been talking about this for YEARS but I finally sat down and did it... all by myself - whew. It's not for everyone but if you have a good knowledge of graphics and can use various graphic tools, you can do it! After talking to many of my shop-owner friends I found that most of them use Shopify and it was pretty easy to use, the hardest part is choosing your template (but you can change that at any time! so you are not tied down to anything). I just can't say enough positive about it - although I am sure there will be hurdles, it will be nothing compared to making a 2004 website template work in 2017! I will say this for how old that thing was... it still chugged along, rarely was my website 'down' and no breaches - although the FBI contacted me about a few dupatta scarves - just kidding.

I am a big cheerleader for making your own website - after being tied down to a web-designer for all those years, I can tell you if you do it yourself from the beginning you will always know how to change it as time goes along. I can't say enough about that part... don't get stuck with someone having to do everything for you, unless your kids are going to be able to work on it for you, and even then.... you will not be able to do things in the time frame that you want, never, ever... can it be done fast enough. So that's the end of my preaching, if you want to talk to me about it, just email me and I will cheer-lead for you! But seriously if you don't want to do it, and you like mine, I would be happy to make one for you just email me.

The fact that I am still in business is a sign that I am doing something right, you can see it when I am at trade shows and I tell people I have had a store for 14 years - I get lot's of accolades, it's going to feel great now that I can be proud of creating my own website. But most of all I hope the website feels good for YOU! You might miss laboring over how to find something and then giving up... or maybe you will think it's all too easy and you like to work for your shopping... well I hope none of that is true! And please drop me a line and let me know if you like it and if you don't! what can I do to make it better - I need to know the good the bad and the ugly!