11.03.2015

recipe :: Paleo Eggs



I can't believe I took so long to post my world famous Paleo Eggs! (haha) This past summer it was my go-to when we had guests or big parties that went into the next day, cause that's what happens when you live by the beach! And even though it's only the SECOND day of November I am already getting excited for all the visitors coming for Thanksgiving. In fact my daughter said to me on Sunday (the day after Halloween, she was already moving onto the next holiday) "So what is our menu for Thanksgiving?" and next... "who is coming!" yes I have created a couple of party monsters!

This is a great recipe for big crowds, or even little crowds because your whole family will like them, my kids like them just because we gave it a funny name PALEO EGGS! We are not on a Paleo diet or anything (not saying I wouldn't LIKE to be on that diet - sounds fantastic) we just like these eggs, it's got everything we love all in one dish!


So here we go, make your own variation, add what you want, it's a bit of a veggie "pitti-panna" but we like ours a bit on the spicy side, my kids don't really love that part but I think it's good for them to have hot and spicy from time to time. I believe the variation builds a good palate :)


PALEO EGGS
6-8 eggs (I usually do as many eggs as I have people-but some people like two eggs)
Kale, Beet Greens or any other greens you have! I've tried almost everything!
1 Yellow Onion or Leeks
2-4 cloves garlic
red pepper flakes (to taste approx. 1/2 teaspoon is good)
salt and pepper
optional: Mushrooms, Beets, Squash... almost anything!


I make them in the largest cast iron pan that I have. I use olive oil but you could also use coconut oil, whatever is your favorite. Saute onion, then add garlic then add your greens - you want to have quite a bit, enough to generously cover the bottom of the pan by about 3/4 inch or so. Saute all so that they cook down and generously season with your favorite seasoning, salt pepper and red pepper flakes. Make as many dents into your greens as you have eggs and carefully crack your eggs into the dents. Then cover and cook until your eggs are just about done (it's like poaching eggs in greens!) - remember they will cook a bit when you turn off the heat so don't overcook. Add a bit more fresh ground salt and pepper and bring the pan to the table! (it looks SO nice!). Then scoop out an egg for each person with a healthy portion of bread (okay so that's NOT the Paleo part! haha)


enjoy! what's in YOUR Paleo eggs - comment or send me an email!