5.05.2015

travel :: Nantucket - Cliffside Beach Club


I love any kind of travel that involves a ferry boat, somehow it just makes things more magical and also more complicated for some so it keeps the rif-raf away, more remote for you! I have been looking to go to Nantucket for quite a while now but haven't been able to make the trip. One reason is that when you start the planning process you will find out that the ferry ride itself is a bit of a fortune. I was also never able to find a place that looked enticing enough to make the journey. Renting a house is always an option, and everyone I know that goes to Nantucket ends up renting. But when I go away I like to meet new people, so I like to stay at a place - kids usually find new friends and so do we!


So when I came upon The Cliffside Beach Club I figured this would be a delightful place. It doesn't come cheap, but I don't think anything does in Nantucket. Cliffside has 22 accommodations, which include apartments, rooms and beach houses. It's a family-run place (since 1958) and a feel that will put you in the French Riviera. Whether you sit poolside or beach it is all available on the property, so unique. While I love traveling in New England it's often characterized with far to quaint rooms for my asthetic, but here the rooms are simple, clean and full of character (in a good way!).


Even the in-house dining looks sweet and authentically Nantucket-y (as if I know what that means, but in my imagination this is it) ...


I think it looks great! If you do go... email and let me know how was your stay... or maybe I will come with you!

and don't forget to go and see the lighthouses!