12.17.2014

food, food :: FOOD

I think I should have a food shop rather than clothing and accessories... I tell you, it's a real passion. I'm sure it stems from my mom, she has always been such a great cook and really obsessed with recipes and cooking and baking... all that! But what a great thing to pass onto her girls, both my sister and myself and crazy about cooking too! And when I became macrobiotic almost 20 years ago, she was right there into it as well. Although we are no longer macrobiotic that kind of cooking never leaves you - so we all look out for healthy recipes. My niece recently graduated from a Vegan cooking school (I'm spending the Holidays with her so more on that later for sure!), my mom is So proud of her! So my moms love for food and cooking has really gained strength through our families.


I have passed on many recipes to you from my mom, macrobiotics and just darn good food. I get a lot of inspiration from cookbooks, Martha Stewart, Bon Appétit, and pinterest - you can follow me on pinterest and I have a really good recipe board! I also find some great blogs from time to time, like this one: What's Cooking Good Looking - I have made many of her recipes and her photos... amazing!! I will be making this coconut rice pudding with roasted cherries  and Zatar roasted butternut squash and chickpeas for my family during the holidays.


When I go on vacation with my family we spend the whole time in the kitchen! (I'm lucky my sister has a BIG kitchen) we have so much fun and laugh and make good food, to me that's what the Holidays is all about - well a good present here and there doesn't hurt either - haha! I don't know if you have figured this out yet but I use my blog as a memory bank for myself... if I need to remember it, bookmark it, keep a website in my mind, I write a blog! This is one of those... remember, What's Cooking Good Looking!