10.30.2014

recipe :: Daily Elixir

some days it's green and sometimes it's yellow (from the tumeric)
 Since my juice cleanse I have been addicted to making these elixirs, I don't have a juicer (yet... I'm saving up!) and I make these with my blender. I got the idea from the juices I used to buy at Whole Foods, I paid up to $10 for some of these, I love them but I can't keep doing that... So I have been mixing and working on different recipes. It's so much fun to try them each day - I share them with my husband and we never like the same thing so it's funny. I am a nut about tea and I drink mulitple kinds of tea's every day, but this is a nice way to change things, and what if... it made me skinny! haha... I love them and I hope you start to make your own too! If you do please share the recipes with me and I will post them!


As usual with my recipes I don't measure anything so this is just a general idea, you will make yours to taste and you can add or delete anything, but try it first this way and then make your adjustments.

Carina's Daily Elixir
1 cup purified (or ph) water
1 cup coconut water
1 small piece of tumeric (1 inch) peel and cut
1 small piece of ginger (1 inch) peel and cut
1/2 lemon (I cut the peel off but you can also leave it on)
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon fresh spearmint
pinch cardamom
pinch seasalt
pinch cayenne
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1-2 tsp coconut nectar

sometimes I add a pear (yum) or an apple or pomegranate seeds, etc...

throw all in a blender and blend until it breaks all down and warms up the oil enough to mix it into the juice. Then use a strainer and pour into glass. I drink one glass first thing in the morning, I give one to my husband and then I put the rest in a jar and refrigerate for later in the day.

I use these ingredients because it's what I have in my garden, so sometimes I put in parsley instead of spearmint, etc.. use what you have and what you like!


hey... this might make a good cocktail... I'll try it and get back to you!