11.25.2013

Jimi Hendrix :: Hear My Train A Comin'



A friend sent me this link and I have to share it... this is a wonderful two hours spent, I know Jimi Hendrix music, but now I feel I know more of the story and it's SO well told here. The two-hour film uses Hendrix’s own words to tell his story, illustrated through archival interviews and illuminated with commentary from family, well-known friends and musicians including Paul McCartney, band members Noel Redding, Mitch Mitchell, Billy Cox, long-time sound engineer Eddie Kramer; Steve Winwood, Vernon Reid, Billy Gibbons, Dweezil Zappa and Dave Mason.

His gorgeous songs mean even more to me now, they are even more beautiful and I love this story.


Gorgeously told... click here to watch film

American Masters: Jimi Hendrix – Hear My Train A Comin’ is a production of Fuse Films and THIRTEEN’s American Masters in association with WNET. Bob Smeaton is director.