11.14.2011

Busy Week!

It's a busy week coming up, I secretly feed off these moments, and tend to get an incredible amount done when the week presents itself this way. Last night I had "the girls" over for a Product Swap - it was just an excuse to get together and see everyone before the busy holiday season starts. We had a great time, but I totally forgot to take photographs... sorry! So here is the concept, invite your friends over (if you need an invite idea see below), everyone brings the products that don't work for them, you know those things.. you HATE to throw them away but you knew as soon as you bought them that they were NOT going to work for you. Thing is.. in a room full of women, what doesn't work for you will usually work for someone else! We had a great time swapping stuff, drinking wine and having a light evening snack (including the delicious Organic Avenue brownies!! recipe below)


To start the week off right I had my daily one mile run, yes pretty silly just one mile but it really helps me get into gear, and my breakfast of champions!

delicious hard boiled egg, Swedish salmon caviar, parsley on Siljans cracker and a cup of tea

finished sandwich!

Then on Tuesday I pack up my car..


full of my store (well as much as will fit!) and drive down to NYC for a Sample Sale on WEDNESDAY, November 16th from 9am to 1 pm, together with my friends at Clover New York, Pappi Pappi, Atsuyo et Akiko, Wovenplay and Jann from Lucky Fish! We will have a beautiful range of baby, kids and mom clothing and accessories at great prices.. We will be in TriBeCa at the Church Street Music School (74 Warren Street-NYC)... it's a great chance to get a jump on Christmas Shopping!

lucky wang new republic jacket! (fleece inside!)

In the midst of that I just got a big box from Lucky Wang! including their wonderful (and MY personal favorite the Republic Jacket), new baby quilts from Haptic Lab, I just made a slew of new nonchalantmom necklaces, new colors in colored denim from ESP no1 and Erica Tanov should be here any minute now... so lots of photographing is in order!!

Then this weekend is the Book Fair at School - which means baking, working the sale and having some fun is in order! Our local Waldorf School has a Holiday Faire this weekend too which I would never want to miss... amazing toys and fun for the kids always! (thankfully my husband is IN town this week... whew!)

So now that I have been sitting here writing my blog I need to move my BUTT and get into action! Have a great week everyone!

vegan brownies

Vegan/Raw Brownie recipe (via Organic Avenue!) - the great thing is this recipe takes about 5 minutes or less... it's crazy easy and everyone loves them -- even your kids!

Ingredients: 
1 1/2 cups organic walnuts
16 pitted organic deglet dates
1/3 cup cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
2 tsp of purified water
dash of sea salt  
extra handful of whole walnuts, pulsed on food processor for top

In a food processor, grind the walnuts and salt until fine. Add the dates and process until dough forms. Next add the cacao, vanilla, water and process again until well mixed.  

Scoop out a tablespoon full of dough and roll into a ball. Pat down into a mini brownie shape. I pulse a little bit more of the walnuts and then sprinkle it on top and even on the bottom... YUM!