9.14.2011

what am I doing now, you ask!?

It's been such a long time since I have posted one of these, and I have a few obsessions at the moment that I have been dying to share...

bruce webber at lake Mille Lacs in Minnesota

1. I don't know how I got onto this, I think it's because I thought it was THE Bruce Webber that was cycling across America (it's not THE Bruce, but it's Bruce Webber columnist for the New York Times). I think it's just about a wish for everybody to drive across America, but this guy is BIKING it for the second time! I am not a twitter fan but it must be his easiest way for him to post so I have been checking in with his photos, recently he was in the very town in Minnesota where our family had a lake house, Garrison, Minnesota - on Lake Mille Lacs! at the moment he is making his way across Wisconsin, but he has come all the way from Oregon and it's so much fun to watch his route. click here to see the story in the NYT and here is link to photos on twitter.


2. I have been looking for chap stick with the perfect color red since Dr. Hauschka pulled their pot-gloss back in the 90's (I bought up as much stock as I could find when I heard it was going away, sound familiar!?). And when I find myself at the Beauty counter my favorite question has always been, "Is there a lipstick, the goes on like chap stick that has just enough of a hint of red?" - I usually get a silly look and as they walk away from me, they say "no". Burt Bees has been my solution until now.... I just ordered the new Fresh Passion tinted lip treatment - it's PERFECTION! my answer to lipstick!! - get it by clicking here


3. Although it is the end of summer, I will tell you that this Solar Recover has been the lifesaver of the season! Especially on our trip to Austin, TX. We would come in from the heat and my family would line up to get misted down and cool off! This product is so delightful to your nose and body it's just great.. we never burned and never peeled, in fact no skin issues at all! It has distilled water, vitamin E, essential oils of calendula, lavender, sesame, geranium, roman chamomile, sandalwood and french seaweed extract... it all equals something that smells great and is soothing to your skin (I got this tip from Joslyn at Simple Lovely!) - get it at Whole Foods or click here.


4. It's hard for me to go to bed without washing my face... I can't help it! but my current favorite night time product is Midnight Recovery Concentrate by Kiehls - it smells delightful, feels lovely and I look younger when I wake up! (Just kidding!) - get it at Kiehls



5. My kids are crazy for Mango Tango smoothie drink by Odwalla, I love it too, but it's been nice to get away from apple juice and have a change on hand!


I hope that these ideas are helpful to you... and make your life more FUN!