3.16.2011

Diem Chau's raffle for Japan


Diem Chau is one of my favorite artists, I have written about her before but I got an email from her yesterday that she has wracked her brain to come up with a way that she can give to Japan, more then she can personally, with a raffle!

"I am in awe at how the Japanese people have persevered through these difficult days.  People stood in line, paid for items, kept their cool, helped their friends and neighbors.  Every single person kept their civility.  Such strength is inspiring.  My heart goes out to everyone there and I hope that perseverance will get them through the difficult days/months ahead." I love that she pointed out how delicate yet strong the people of Japan are and how they have shown the world how to persevere in the face of catastrophe.

Diem would like to make a humble offering and raffle off a crayon family portrait for the Japanese Red Cross Society.  The winner will get up to 3 crayons carved to their specifications.  Ticket sales start now and will go until midnight PST on March 23rd.  The winner will be announced on March 24th.  She will use Random.org to pick the winner.  She is hoping for at least 200 tickets, but I won't limit the number to 200.  "The more tickets I sell the more we can raise for Japan!" each ticket costs $10

Visit her website TinyHaus to learn more and enter the raffle!