2.15.2011

chocolate!

I don't know about you but I am doing my best to come down from yesterdays chocolate fete... it started in the morning with chocolates in bed (all of us... kids included!) we opened our presents. I like to go to the resale/antique shops around town here and find treasures for the kids and then we all make cards for each other, somehow it makes it kid of a mini holiday, my son collects old boxes and so he got this old Chinese wood box, and my daughter got herself a beaded handbag (a la 1940's!) -- and my husband an old picture book by LooK magazine (60's). So back to the chocolate... we ate chocolate in bed and then it just kept going throughout the day, whenever the idea popped into my head... a chocolate. I was hoping that I would wake up today and be totally over it, but there are still quite a few left in the box!


Today, in my email in-box was my newsletter from Organic Avenue (I love them and have written about them a few times here - click here to visit their website). I loved this recipe for chocolate truffles and you can watch their video here to get the recipe and a how-to on making delicious raw, vegan - cacao truffles!

CACAO TRUFFLES
1 cup Cacao Powder
2 cups Date Paste (see below)
1 TB Macamia Nut Butter
¼ cup Coconut Oil
1 inch Fresh Vanilla Bean

Date Paste:
2 cups Dates, soaked & pitted
1 cup Water

Optional:
Sweet Cacao Nibs
Dried Shredded Coconut
Strawberries
To make date paste soak pitted dates in water for 2 hours. Add dates and water to food processor and pulse for 15 seconds, or until desired consistency.
In a mixing bowl or food processor mix date paste, macadamia nut butter, coconut oil, cacao powder and vanilla bean. Process or mix by hand until smooth. Chocolate can be rolled into truffles, shaped in chocolate molds or used to dip strawberries. Enjoy!

click here to watch the video


I hope that this will help you to ease back into a day without chocolate... I'm going to try it!

happy day after valentines day to you!

click here to visit the Organic Avenue website - and get wonderful ideas on how you can bring a raw food diet into your life! They have amazing cleanses that you can follow to get you started.