1.05.2011

Change...

New Years Eve fondue night!

When the New Year rolls around I am not so sure that I am into resolutions... just not that type of gal... or maybe they are too concrete, but what I like to do is make some changes in our house or in the way we are eating (or even as simple as totally changing my nighttime regime). I like to try new things and then say to myself this is what we are going to do this year. I have started with just a few food choices, but I will make my way through a few things...

1) Our family is addicted to tamari roasted almonds - so I want us to be healthier and use raw almonds, I love them, the kids don't yet but I will give them a few months...

2) We eat A LOT of brown rice, but I am switching us to millet, starting with brown rice and millet and then eventually just millet (and sometimes brown rice!)

3) Personally, I am just not going to eat so much anymore... I can live on much less food.

and so on... I'm not going to bore you with all of mine but they range from big to small... and it's fun! As I get older, and travel less, I feel like I just need to try more things and do things differently to spice up my life! (I like a spicy life!)

I hope this inspires you...

(above photo is of our New Years Eve family fondue night, it's something that my family always did as kids so we are keeping it going... I don't like to change EVERYTHING, although this year we tried to do tempura veggies... didn't work...)