9.28.2010

Norma Kamali - Conversations


On my first trip to NYC as a young girl aspiring to be a designer in 1985 I went to the Norma Kamali store, I thought she was the smartest designer alive and there I was standing in front of her cement facade -- peering in the window I was almost afraid to go in... in those days you had to ring the bell - how terrifying for me! I went inside, and I purchased a grey sweatshirt top and a black swimsuit... it was the only thing I purchased in New York City and I was so pleased with myself. Norma Kamali, she is a legend and an innovator.

Today she is not sitting quietly back on her empire, she is now at the forefront of wellness as well as fashion. She has come up with a series for "conversations" with unique leaders in the area of wellness. If you live in New York City you can attend a special debut of her 24/7 webinar series on Thursday, September 30th at 11am. The program focuses on solutions in the area of Fitness, Health and Beauty & Nutrition. It will be a chance to watch the series and ask your questions afterwords!

WHAT:   “CONVERSATIONS” Screening:  Q&A with notable experts on Fitness, Health, Beauty & Nutrition.

DATE:  Thursday, September 30, 2010

TIME: 11:000 AM – 12:00 PM

PLACE: Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), 11 West 53rd Street, NYC / Theater #2

visit her website here to get more information.

She also has her own line of products, I have not tried them yet... but they look pretty darn clean and GOOD to me!