10.01.2009

egg salad craze


We have been on a egg salad craze in our family for the entire summer! It started with leftover hard boiled eggs and then we just couldn't stop. Hard boiled eggs are one of our favorite breakfasts, most often when there is no time to eat and we just take them with us in the car or where ever we are going!

I also found it a nice way to get my 3 year old daughter into the kitchen helping me, she chopped the eggs into bits and was so proud to help me out! And let me tell you its much easier than having your kids bake with you... you may know what I am talking about if you have tried baking with your kids!

So here is our recipe for tasty and healthy EGG SALAD

1 egg per person - hard boiled
(this recipe is for 2-3 eggs)
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped parsley
salt and pepper (we like lots of pepper!)
1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise
you can add:
a teaspoon or so of mustard if you like it??
some chopped basil or chives?
or use endive instead of celery?!

we serve them on toasted bread open-faced (part of my appeal to get my kids (and us!) to eat less baked goods... not going so well...)

yummy...
good luck and happy eating!!