10.12.2008

exciting and wonderous...wovenplay!


I met katherine from wovenplay a couple of years ago, and I still remember her booth at the bubble kids trade show in NYC, I stopped dead in my tracks, wandered through her fantasy land (spent some time in her booth) looking through her positively organic hand-made really beautiful creative playclothes and I have wanted to share her wonderful things with you ever since. Wovenplay will help your kids to rediscover the long-lasting art and imaginative play of childhood dress-up.

These clothes have truly sweet hand detailing that katherine works on herself, and I think that I am busy... try sewing, dying, printing, sewing and then all of the really wholesome trims and did I mention all of the hand stitched details, I tell you, she is one talented woman. Saturated with color and texture, wovenplay's collection intergates natural and organic fabrics. hand-screened prints and artisitic, enduring finishing. styling is streamlined and modern for free movement. espressive play and imagination. I think that there is nothing better for your kids than to hand down wovenplay's imaginative playclothes.

Katherine has shared this deliciously fun recipe for dutch pancakes and rasberry coulis, they puff up huge and crazy in a pie pan when baked, and they taste super! they are fun and easy for kids to make with your help!

DUTCH PANCAKE

1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 tbsp. butter

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix ingredients lightly. Melt butter in pan.
Pour in batter. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Remove, add fresh strawberries or raspberry coulis and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

RASPBERRY COULIS
Makes 1/2 cup
1 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
About 1/8 cup sugar
About 1 tsp. lemon juice

In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring raspberries and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture starts to thicken, about 15 minutes.
Press mixture through a fine-mesh strainer, using a spatula to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard seeds and skins. Stir in 1 tsp. lemon juice. Taste and add more sugar or lemon juice if you like. Serve coulis warm or at room temperature.

as soon as I make these I will share a photo...or if you make them yourself take a photo and email to me!! they sound super delicious!