8.13.2007

jewelry, jewelry, jewelry....




there are a few things that thrill me today and one of them is jewelry, I never would have said so while wearing only my dads ring and watch through school and thereafter but somehow it has finally become an interest to me...now at 42 I realize the great gift of jewelry! mostly the receipt of it is the best, but I have become harder and harder to please...and my new favorite is Jane D'Arensbourg she makes these amazing pieces from glass (ok, it sounds crazy but they are not that delicate) and has popped up at two of my favorite shops: Auto (visit them here) and on my last visit to new york and saw them in person at erica tanov (204 elizabeth street, between prince and spring--see my shopping nyc guide to come). In reality these are stunning pieces and just in case you have learned to work as I do (subliminally) you can slide a photo under the eye of your partner...and whola!...it may work better for you than for me...I'm still waiting! don't miss her fingerprint series it's wonderful!